GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for daily equipment production or parylene coating and all associated maintenance. Supervises work force to ensure work is done safely, on-time and in a cost-effective way, while meeting the highest quality standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of personnel functions with team members in span of control. This includes activities such as: Interviewing, recommending for hire, orienting, directing, rewarding, disciplining, developing performance plans, coaching, training, developing, appraising performance, and recommending for dismissal.
- Communicates regularly with team members to inform, answer questions, provide direction and plan activities to meet production requirements.
- Assures that team members meet requirements of the position and are adequately trained to perform assigned functions.
- Coordinates / or has input into the creation of a production schedule and ship dates to meet customer requirements.
- Uses all resources appropriately to meet established goals. Responsible for maintenance of WIP inventory.
- Assures that established quality levels are met or exceeded. Participates actively in creating and implementing any needed corrective actions.
- Develops necessary reports, log sheets, and other documents. Assures that these reports are accurate and available in a timely manner.
- Schedules overtime, vacations, etc. for all direct reports. Approves time punches for payroll each pay period. Monitors attendance for direct reports.
- Actively supports SCS Company policies and assures that team members abide by such policies. Administers corrective actions as needed.
- Interacts closely with Sales, Marketing, Quality, Customer Service, Purchasing and Engineering to support customer focus and efficient operations.
- Ensures that manufacturing costs are controlled and budget is adhered to.
- Collaborates with OpEx, Engineering and other personnel to implement cost reduction ideas and process improvement initiatives.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May perform light troubleshooting of equipment and ensures that all repairs are completed.
- May be responsible for the proper disposal of waste chemicals by an outside vendor. May maintain log of hazardous materials shipped and received.
- Will address employee inquiries and complaints, and will resolve problems by using appropriate resources/other departments to achieve results/answers.
- Supports and adheres to plant and corporate safety policies.
- May assist in other areas or perform other duties as required by fluctuating business needs.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; some post high school education is preferred. Two or more years of supervision or lead experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting. Exposure to or training in Lean Manufacturing or Operational Excellence is desired.
- Possesses well-developed communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and work instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and/or customers.
- This position requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (MSWord, MSExcel, and MSPowerPoint).
- Ability to manage people, resources and multiple priorities.
- Strong ability to make decisions quickly, rapidly analyze the downstream impact of such decisions, and know when to seek advice/guidance from others.
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop personnel.
Specialty Coating Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected Veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.