Job Title: Machine Operator 1
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
Machine Operator 1 (MO1) is responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing company railway maintenance and inspection equipment. This position can operate Loram's on track MOW equipment and/or on track vehicles with supervision in both operating and travel modes. In this role you may be assigned to various types of equipment platforms dependent on business needs and demands.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to lead a comprehensive and appropriate job briefing during operations shifts, maintenance shifts, and while conducting maintenance tasks.
- Consistently follows safe work processes, procedures and rules
- Understands on track safety and can explain specifics when asked
- Able to locate all emergency equipment and demonstrate correct operation
Machine Operations and Technical Knowledge
- Conducts machine inspections to identify problems, defects, changes, and hazards and communicates conditions to the operator or supervisor and performs common repairs as instructed. Provides accurate feedback that allows machine leadership to make maintenance decisions
- Accurately records and reports common parts used to supervisor, including floor stock
- Performs maintenance and repairs according to set schedules and policies
- Accurately describes gauge and HMI functions as they relate to machine operation
- Demonstrates the ability to document and complete daily field reporting, personal expense reporting, field lodging, and other administrative reporting as necessary
- Safety Awareness
- Values Based
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Personal Learning
3+ Months Experience working with Loram equipment or equivalent in a 24/7 environment; Some assignments require Excavator experience. Meet all relevant or applicable pre-qualifications as noted in the general description for this role and Loram's career development matrix.
Licenses/Certifications: Maintain Railroad Certifications, CPR/First Aid, valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% travel, including international, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment.