GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the direction of the Coating Center Manager or designee, the Production Engineer I is responsible for maintaining and creating new and existing customer coating applications, samples, costing, quality, temporary and final process documentation. This position supports production start-up, follow-up, and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs a variety of complex process engineering duties related to Parylene coatings and applications.
· Develops and implements systems and specifications for efficiency and quality improvement.
· Utilizes advanced manufacturing techniques and design, such as LEAN and six sigma, to drive continuous improvements.
· Recommends and/or develops process revisions, new processes and appropriate applications.
· Effectively communicates, writes, and interprets work instructions, technical reports, and related documents.
· Tracks and executes cost reductions and savings for process improvements.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains proper technical documentation of work.
· Demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Adheres to plant and corporate safety policies.
· May assist in other areas or perform other duties as required by fluctuating business needs.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four year college or university, with at least one year engineering work experience preferred. Coating industry knowledge helpful, particularly thin and/or Parylene coating applications.
· Aptitude to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Able to use precision measuring tools and equipment.
· Ability to interact professionally with customers and co-workers.
· Able to speak, read and write in English.
· Highly organized, self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Capability to manage multiple tasks and/or priorities and readily adapt to changing situations.
· Demonstrated capacity to work with Microsoft Office Products, Lotus Notes, ERP System, and other critical computer applications.
Specialty Coating Systems has an attractive insurance and benefits program including 401k with 6% company match, educational reimbursement plan, BCBS medical plan, dental & vision plans, company paid life, STD, LTD, and AD&D insurance, bonus plan, and Employee Assistance Program. Local candidates or those requiring no relocation assistance are preferred.
Specialty Coating Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected Veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.